Saturday, July 10, 2010

Whitestarr - Luv Machine (2006)

You might remember a reality show about a band no one ever heard of and never even cared about after the show in VH1's The Rock Life. It has two generations of popular fame in music such as lead singer Cisco Adler's father is Lou Adler the long time music producer and Cisco's cousin is Steven Adler former drummer for Guns n' Roses. To drop another name Roy Orbison's son Alex drums for the band as well. Onto the album, I found it for super cheap at a record store and I knew essentially none of there music I just knew they were a band from Malibu whom were already rich and famous somehow of course one being Cisco dated Mischa Barton and Paris Hilton in the past. The band portrays the sounds of classic rock/glam most recognizably The Black Crowes. I can't find anything to really critique other than it doesn't do that much for me and it's safe to assume that Whitestarr's fan base is mostly chicks where I can't relate to any of the songs it seems as they're definitely one of those bands playing to get chicks. For this one I only found two songs which I did like and they were "Vampire" and "Gimme' a Light".

1. Gimme' a Light
2. Luv Machine
3. Sunshine Girl
4. Since
5. She So Sly
6. Use Me
7. Vampire
8. Welcome to Malibu
9. The King
10. Sex on the Dance Floor
11. Cherry Surprise
12. Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment