Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Cult - Sonic Temple (1989)

The Cult definitely are one of those hit or miss bands because they have few classics and some duds but, Sonic Temple is one of the best. This is also the first Cult album produced by Motley Crue and Metallica producer Bob Rock. I think he has a great ear for arena rock. Ian Astbury has the hard rock voice of the eighties which unfortunately he doesn't have to this day but, I'd love to see The Cult in concert someday regardless. This is just a killer rock album here and it's one of the albums when you can tell it's something special. I wish bands these days would put out amazing albums like Sonic Temple and my favorite Cult record Electric. The Cult are one of my biggest influences I can't even stress if there's a band I wish I could influence whom ever maybe be reading this blog to start listening to because they're fucking killer. Songs to check out "New York City", "Sweet Soul Sister" and "Firewoman".

1. "Sun King" – 6:09
2. "Fire Woman" – 5:11
3. "American Horse" – 5:19
4. "Edie (Ciao Baby)" – 4:46
5. "Sweet Soul Sister" – 5:08
6. "Soul Asylum" – 7:26
7. "New York City" – 4:41
8. "Automatic Blues" – 3:51
9. "Soldier Blue" – 4:36
10. "Wake Up Time For Freedom" – 5:17
11. "Medicine Train" - 4:42

No comments:

Post a Comment