Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Darkness - One Way Ticket to Hell... (2005)

The Darkness' second record was hardly a hit with the fans in America and atleast it was a hard album I sought out long of looking for it too begin with! I never see this in the used sections anywhere I go. Originally, I wasn't even aware they did an album after Permission because there stuff just doesn't get played here as it probably gets too much air time in the U.K. I always ask people from England what they think of the Darkness and it's always been nay over yay. I tell you when I did my Senior Music Project on The Darkness' "Girlfriend" my class was stunned by the song I presented cause it was so over the top and a lot of people think i'm just the metal guy who listens to Slayer first thing in the morning. Hey! My blog's name is THE HARD ROCK ENTHUSIAST. It could be the Music Enthusiast but, my forte is in Hard Rock! I don't know in the great debate of which Darkness album was best because it's hard. Some people will probably choose this album cause there burnt of the old songs like "I Believe in a Thing Called Love". I can see that but, one can say that this one doesn't have that huge hit or moreorless the better songs ultimately because they had several hits on that record when this was the less known record. You can say that this one is more for the females as they incorporated that demographic a little more (Hazel Eyes)than the men in this one. Anyways, you make the decision. Songs to check out "Knockers", "Is It Just Me?" and the wacky as hell "Girlfriend".

1. "One Way Ticket" – 4:26
2. "Knockers" – 2:43
3. "Is It Just Me?" – 3:05
4. "Dinner Lady Arms" – 3:16
5. "Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time" – 3:34
6. "Hazel Eyes" – 3:25
7. "Bald" – 5:31
8. "Girlfriend" – 2:33
9. "English Country Garden" – 3:06
10. "Blind Man" – 3:25

No comments:

Post a Comment