Sunday, July 18, 2010

King's X - King's X (1992)

The self entitled fourth release from King's X was a darn good one. They signed on to the major label Atlantic but, did not outsell there previous album Faith, Hope, Love which was released on Megaforce. I think it's because the previous album had the hit "It's Love" on it and nothing on here quite matches that single or anywhere close. Ty Tabor is a monster guitar player and his riffs are just as hooky as anyone that comes to mind. Very underrated guitar player, it's a shame King's X don't get the recognition they deserve because they could be the founders of grunge and they produce very solid records. It's hard to understand how they never made it. Lead singer Doug Pinnick is a homosexual which could've affected the Christian listeners as they were consider a Christian band but, I don't know if religion could've been the fault for King's X. It sounds idiotic but, there are many, many people out there that feel homosexuality is a sin and crime to God. I don't feel comfortable around people that are not straight but, it doesn't offend me unless they get to friendly in public. I think straight people making out in public is tacky too. Boy, did I get off topic. Songs to check out "Black Flag", "The World Around Me" and "Lost in Germany".

1. "The World Around Me" – 2:56
2. "Prisoner" – 4:14
3. "The Big Picture" – 5:03
4. "Lost in Germany" – 4:52
5. "Chariot Song" – 5:22
6. "Ooh Song" – 4:01
7. "Not Just For the Dead" – 4:47
8. "What I Know About Love" – 5:38
9. "Black Flag" – 4:01
10. "Dream in My Life" – 4:57
11. "Silent Wind" – 4:10

2 comments:

  1. It's fairly well known that the band grew to hate this album, but I still count it as one of my favorite King's X releases, and "Prisoner" is one of my favorite songs.

    Your musical tastes seem to be as all over the map as mine. I'm going to keep an eye on your blog.

    Cheers!

    -- phil --

    http://clangandclatter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Phil...King's X rule! Thanks for viewing my blog

    ReplyDelete