Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cataract - Kingdom (2006)

This pretty much is your casual metalcore album but, with some thrash/hardcore influence. What separates them from other metalcore bands I would say is the riffs in particularly sound better than most acts of the genre I know of. I've heard people say it's on the terms of new Slayer but, I don't really see that to be honest. It's fast and comes at you pretty fast in a way like Slayer maybe. I decided to give this a chance since I bought it a low price and at a Rasputin. The music itself is good but I can't stand there singer Federico Carminitana which is why I hate most music from that genre. Don't get me wrong I like Lamb of God and stuff like Shadows Fall but, it seems like all new bands feel they have to scream to be metal which is such an annoying trend in metal. I think my point lies in where a bunch of people that listen to stuff from this genre probably grew up with parents listening to heavy metal and just wanted to take it another step because that stuff wasn't cool anymore. If you're musically inspired by some of these screamo bands I suggest you gain some individuality and try not so hard to be metal. Their's attitude and their's ridiculousness. Songs to check out "War of Cultures", "Kingdom's Rise" and "On This Graveyard".

1. Kingdom's Rise (intro)
2. War of Cultures
3. On This Graveyard
4. Denial of Life
5. Tongues Spitting Hate
6. March with Your Battleforce
7. Sacrificed for the Wealth
8. Definition of the Rapist
9. Legions at the Gates
10. Unforgotten
11. For Their Sins

No comments:

Post a Comment