Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Velvet Revolver - Contraband (2004)

My dad insists that this is the best record of the last decade. I personally think Death Magnetic was the best. I'm not really into many supergroup bands like Chickenfoot whom I just could never get into and people kept telling me how great they were. Velvet Revolver's super egomaniacs somehow made the chemistry work and maintained great success with there debut record. The loaded line up of Weiland-Slash-Sorrum-Duff with former Suicidal Tendencies guitarist Dave Kushner made for fun times and trips to rehab. I've seen them twice and they're really energetic and soulful even though, they seemed like they all hated each other when I saw them on the Libertad tour. It was the best selling album for a debuting band which goes to show you how they pulled it off when everyone was thinking Axl Pose was getting the last laugh. Interesting mix of STP and Guns n' Roses here. It was a million times better than Chinese Democracy I bet we can all agree on that. Songs to check out "Slither", "Dirty Little Thing" and "Sucker Train Blues".

1. "Sucker Train Blues" – 4:28
2. "Do It for the Kids" – 3:56
3. "Big Machine" – 4:26
4. "Illegal i Song" – 4:18
5. "Spectacle" – 3:42
6. "Fall to Pieces" – 4:35
7. "Headspace" – 3:43
8. "Superhuman" – 4:16
9. "Set Me Free" – 4:08
10. "You Got No Right" – 5:35
11. "Slither" – 4:08
12. "Dirty Little Thing" – 3:58
13. "Loving the Alien" – 5:49

No comments:

Post a Comment