Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rush - Counterparts (1993)

Counterparts is Rush fifteenth album and it's maybe one of the most underrated. It did chart just behind Pearl Jam's Vs doing it's best chart debut in the band's history. I recently bought this album based on the new Rush documentary (Beyond the Lighted Stage) was one of the best flicks I've seen this year. It was inspiring and made me want to expand on my Rush knowledge. I'm not huge on progressive rock but, I like this album. This one in particular doesn't sound as intellectual as the other's but, its still pretty geeky cool sounding still. It has an alternative sounding vibe but, i'm glad it's one of those albums where the guitar was more primary because Geddy Lee went all crazy on that synthesizer stuff like on Presto and made them sound like a totally different band. I'm glad they went back to there old style and the next albums would not abandon the formula that made Rush a cool band. It's weird that Rush has no female fanbase, I never noticed that until the documentary. Songs to check out "Stick it Out", "Leave That Thing Alone" and "Animate".

1. "Animate" – 6:04
2. "Stick It Out" – 4:30
3. "Cut to the Chase" – 4:47
4. "Nobody's Hero" – 4:59
5. "Between Sun & Moon" – 4:39
6. "Alien Shore" – 5:46
7. "The Speed of Love" – 5:01
8. "Double Agent" – 4:51
9. "Leave That Thing Alone" (Instrumental) – 4:06
10. "Cold Fire" – 4:29
11. "Everyday Glory" – 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment