Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Soundgarden - Superunknown (1994)

I suppose this is by the fans the best Soundgarden album but, in my opinion I've always preferred Badmotorfinger. The album debuted at number one with it eventually being there breakout album with some major hits that dominated music television and the radio especially the song "Black Hole Sun". I think Soundgarden was leaving the standard heavy metal sound and going for the more alternative rock sound which eventually became super popular. Lyrically it's dark and depressing so it's seems like there most negative album that comes to mind. It was also recorded at the Bad Animals studio in Seattle where all the big Seattle acts did there albums and it's got that aura for grunge where anything that came out of there was amazing until it got sold to the wrong people who I think now are using for mostly Indie bands. Songs to check out "Spoonman" "Fell on Black Days" and "The Day I Tried to Live".

1. "Let Me Drown" 3:51
2. "My Wave" 5:12
3. "Fell on Black Days" 4:42
4. "Mailman" 4:25
5. "Superunknown" 5:06
6. "Head Down" 6:08
7. "Black Hole Sun" 5:18
8. "Spoonman" 4:06
9. "Limo Wreck" 5:47
10. "The Day I Tried to Live" 5:19
11. "Kickstand" 1:34
12. "Fresh Tendrils" 4:16
13. "4th of July" 5:08
14. "Half" 2:14
15. "Like Suicide"

No comments:

Post a Comment