Monday, September 20, 2010

Van Halen - Van Halen I (1978)

This is the album that started it all! It's one of the most important hard rock albums of all time and it's about time for me to share my thoughts of the debut album. In 1978, I have no clue what the music scene really was like because I didn't live in the 70's or 80's but, Van Halen was an instant attraction to the rock community. Gene Simmons prior to the album said Van Halen would never make it and he was very wrong as they turned into one of the biggest spectacles after Van Halen, they set the eighties trends and packed rafters every night. They had it all, Eddie Van Halen one of the best guitarists of all time who can melt your face and the very energetic David Lee Roth on vocals. It didn't matter if you were male or female, everyone could like Van Halen. They did the extensive tour opening up with Black Sabbath and they hit it big soon after. The album's instrumental "Eruption" is what made Eddie one of a kind, I've never heard anybody do what he did before Van Halen I. Songs to check out "Runnin' With the Devil", "You Really Got Me" and "Jamie's Cryin'".

1. "Runnin' with the Devil" 3:34
2. "Eruption" 1:42
3. "You Really Got Me" (Ray Davies) 2:38
4. "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" 3:49
5. "I'm the One" 3:46
6. "Jamie's Cryin'" 3:29
7. "Atomic Punk" 3:03
8. "Feel Your Love Tonight" 3:42
9. "Little Dreamer" 3:23
10. "Ice Cream Man" (John Brim) 3:19
11. "On Fire" 2:57

No comments:

Post a Comment