Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Babes in Toyland - Nemesisters (1995)

The final studio album Babes in Toyland did was a creative change. I think it's sounds clean for them, I'm not sure if I wouldn't call this alternative or power pop. It's tough to say this is probably there worst album and is horrible compared to what they did on Fontanelle which is average to me if I graded it. I've seen this album on the worst of 1995 along with a David Hasselhoff record. I was stunned that Hasselhoff's discography dated back from 1985 to 2004 he had of material, you have to give the guy credit he didn't give up. I don't want people to think I'm misogynistic because whenever a girl lead singer or female bands period I bury them. In this case I'm not burying the album, I'm burying them because they could've done a lot better. Nothing is memorable in particular as I'm trying hard to say something good about it. When it comes down to it perhaps I didn't like it because this is something my brother would listen to and maybe it's a girl thing I don't know. This brings an interesting point up, I always read that there's no such thing as a girl Metallica fan maybe this is for girls and not me kind of thing. It's a different realm, as we all know testosterone goes well with music and not having little testosterone makes things harder for me to listen. This could be influential to females, I unfortunately don't have an answer. I just had an amazing epiphany! I think I'm on to something.. Songs to check out "Sweet 69", "Ariel" and "We Are Family".


1. "Hello" - 4:45
2. "Oh Yeah!" - 3:16
3. "Drivin'" - 3:17
4. "Sweet '69" - 4:05
5. "Surd" - 4:43
6. "22" - 3:15
7. "Ariel" - 4:24
8. "Killer on the Road" - 4:02
9. "Middle Man" - 4:46
10. "Memory" - 3:43
11. "S.F.W." - 3:59
12. "All by Myself" (Eric Carmen) - 4:37
13. "Deep Song" (George Cory/Douglas Cross) - 2:45
14. "We Are Family" (Nile Rodgers/Bernard Edwards) - 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment