Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mushroomhead - XIII (2003)

Mushroomhead is a nu metal band from Cleveland, Ohio. Today i'm trying to be open minded for alternative metal listeners. This is another freak band, with weird stage names. I had no clue they had been around since the mid-nineties. I've never been into theatrical bands who have to wear costumes to seem outrageous like Gwar or the band there compared to the most which I shouldn't even have to say it's obvious. I don't know too much about them but this is the most popular album by them. It's kind of like the new shock deal here being weird and different at such the worst time period to be doing since Slipknot had a similar gimmick, each others music is different sounding though. They have a lot of music videos out and they've pretty much been non existent to me but, they came out of the blue during 2009's Rockstar Mayhem Festival as they did dates replacing Bullet For My Valentine(gross)on the main stage. Luckily, I stayed outside on the opening stages when Bullet For my Valentine was playing because Cannibal Corpse was going head to head with them when I was in attendance and everyone knows who attended Mayhem Festival that year knew where the crowd was at. Songs to check out "Sun Doesn't Rise", "Becoming Cold (216)" and "Kill Tomorrow".

1. "Kill Tomorrow" – 3:45
2. "Sun Doesn't Rise" – 3:13
3. "Mother Machine Gun" – 4:16
4. "Nowhere to Go" – 3:42
5. "Becoming Cold (216)" – 4:25
6. "One More Day" (feat. Devon Gorman) – 3:36
7. "The Dream is Over" (feat. Jens Kidman) – 3:15
8. "The War Inside" – 2:58
9. "Almost Gone" – 4:01
10. "Eternal" – 3:12
11. "Our Own Way" (feat. Devon Gorman) – 3:40
12. "Destroy the World Around Me" – 8:21
13, "Thirteen" – 9:31

No comments:

Post a Comment