Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bad Brains - Rise (1993)

This is probably the least liked album by them but it's my my favorite actually. Reason being, it contains there some of there hardest rock stuff(not fastest) by them and doesn't sound like there earlier works. I'm sure there hardcore punk fans hated it but, it was a very good heavy metal record with reggae,ska n funk. I believe this was Israel Joseph's first and only album as singer and that's the primary reason this album gets dissed so much because I assume Bad Brains fans wanted Paul Hudson or you may know him as H.R. back as the frontman. H.R. would return to the helm after Rise and has been the vocalist ever since. There's good variety on the album itself and even though it's not as popular as there stuff from the eighties I still feel it's a worthy recommendation. Songs to check out "Rise Up", "Yes Jah" and "Miss Freedom".


1. Rise
2. Miss Freedom
3. Unidentified
4. Love Is The Answer
5. Free
6. Hair
7. Coming In Numbers
8. Yes Jah
9. Take Your Time
10. Peace Of Mind
11. Without You/Outro

No comments:

Post a Comment