Saturday, September 4, 2010

311 - Evolver (2003)

This is 311's seventh album and marked the first time when I first started listening to them back in 2003. I'm not sure but, my first 311 song I believe is "Creatures (For a While)". I think this is at that time I was really into music videos or the later years as I was getting out of them and I caught there music video for that song. Now that I have the album many years later it actually ranks as one of my least favorite by them. Thinking about it, they don't have an album that sticks out as there best but, there catchy as hell. These kind of albums are the hardest to review, the ones that you don't particular care for even though it's a band you support. Beatles released there seventh album entitled Revolver and 311's seventh album Evolver I think was highly inspired by The Beatles. That's perhaps why I'm not hesitant to shoot it down haha. Songs to check out "Creatures (For a While)", "Beyond the Gray Sky" and "Don't Dwell".

1. "Creatures (For a While)" - 4:27
2. "Reconsider Everything" - 2:50
3. "Crack the Code" - 3:55
4. "Same Mistake Twice" - 3:22
5. "Beyond the Gray Sky" - 4:18
6. "Seems Uncertain" - 3:36
7. "Still Dreaming" - 3:41
8. "Give Me a Call" - 3:21
9. "Don't Dwell" - 2:40
10. "Other Side of Things" - 3:08
11. "Sometimes Jacks Rule the Realm" - 6:37

No comments:

Post a Comment