Friday, September 3, 2010

Live - Throwing Copper (1994)

The second album by Live is there big one for sure. Throwing Copper is the only album I have by them and I'm not familiar with any of there stuff to be honest. This album was played nonstop back on the radio back in the day which I do remember. It was produced by former Talking Heads guitarist/keyboardist Jerry Harrison. He also produced bands from The Verve Pipe, Violent Femmes to No Doubt. Throwing Copper at one time was the number one album in the States later in 1995. It sold more than eight million records which is no surprise because who couldn't escape some of there single's fifteen years ago. I firmly believe to a degree that "Lightning Crashes" is one of the more important songs of the nineties even though I don't really care for the song personally kind of like Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit" in a way. The only bad things I've ever heard about them is that someone told me there singer sounds like he's whining and he's a Michael Stipe wannabee. I think she only said that because the vocalist shaved his head and Stipe's been bald for like two decades I guess popularizing the baldness look to some. Songs to check out "All Over You", "Selling the Drama" and "Top".

1. "The Dam at Otter Creek" 4:43
2. "Selling the Drama" 3:26
3. "I Alone" 3:50
4. "Iris" 3:59
5. "Lightning Crashes" 5:25
6. "Top" 2:42
7. "All Over You" 3:59
8. "Shit Towne" 3:48
9. "T.B.D." 4:28
10. "Stage" 3:08
11. "Waitress" 2:49
12. "Pillar of Davidson" 6:46
13. "White, Discussion" 6:08
14. "Horse" 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment