Friday, September 10, 2010

Mudhoney - My Brother The Cow (1995)

I must say that Mudhoney were one of the most defining acts that grunge had despite there always left in the shadows of the obvious choices. It's highly debatable what my favorite album by them is but, I don't think it's better than there first two releases Superfuzz Bigmuff and Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge. I think this one contends because of it's accessibility since they had been featured in the Chris Farley movie Black Sheep playing in one of the more memorable parts in the movie. For that matter, any cameo with bands is always freaking awesome such as the infamous Cannibal Corpse playing "Hammer Smashed Face" in Jim Carey's Ace Ventura. The mother of all cameo's Singles the movie featured Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Matt Dillion's band name was Touch Me, I'm Dick was a joke of the Mudhoney song Touch Me, I'm Sick there most popular song. That movie Singles inspired what actually would become the hit sitcom Friends. Back to the album, it comes at a weird time for alternative rock perhaps the fall of grunge. 1996 and beyond post grunge had been hitting the radio and I can't really complain because some of it I like and some of it I don't. Songs to check out "Into Yer Shtik", "Judgement, Rage, Retribution & Thyme" and "In My Finest Suit".


1. "Judgement, Rage, Retribution & Thyme" – 2:34
2. "Generation Spokesmodel" – 2:33
3. "What Moves the Heart?" – 3:12
4. "Today, Is a Good Day" – 3:05
5. "Into Yer Shtik" – 3:48
6. "In My Finest Suit" – 4:57
7. "F.D.K. (Fearless Doctor Killers)" – 2:16
8. "Orange Ball-peen Hammer" – 3:21
9. "Crankcase Blues" – 3:06
10. "Execution Style" – 2:24
11. "Dissolve" – 3:17
12. "1995" – 5:43
13. "woC ehT rehtorB yM" (Hidden Track) - 39:00

No comments:

Post a Comment