Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dope - American Apathy (2005)

About a year ago I saw these guys open up for Black Label Society in San Francisco at the Fillmore. I was like hopefully these guys finish up quick but, to my surprise these guys put on a killer live show even though there a nu metal band. The place I remember being on the rail the people were going apeshit behind. They had amazing energy and even the BLS fans were getting into it as my friends Kenny, Raymond and I were. Anyone that's loyal to our Black Label Society were loyal back drunk or sober. No one in that venue was there to even see them but, they won fans over that night for sure. American Apathy is the fourth release and alike some bands after I've seen I started listening to them and I've come to the conclusion that this is my favorite Dope record. Unlike the others before, I believe this one had industrial metal vibe working for it and with the high energy and raw emotion of there songs was the icing on the cake. Listening to the songs don't do the justice if you never see them. Like I say all the time the ones you're least up for every now and then surprise you. It wasn't like Metallica opening for Ozzy in 1986 but, these guys put on a killer live act. Songs to check out "No Way Out", "I'm Back" and "People are People".

1. "I'm Back" - 3:25
2. "Survive" - 3:12
3. "No Way Out" - 3:27
4. "Always" - 3:16
5. "Bastard" - 3:26
6. "Sex Machine" - 2:51
7. "Four More Years" - 0:17
8. "Revolution" - 3:39
9. "Let's Fuck" - 2:39
10. "Fuck the World" - 3:32
11. "I Wish I Was the President" - 4:05
12. "Dream" - 2:56
13. "The Life" - 5:08
14. "People Are People" (Depeche Mode cover) - 3:12
15. "Bitch" (alternative version) - 3:07
16. "Fuck The Police (NWA cover) - 3:49
17. "Burn" - 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment