Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Queensrÿche - Promised Land (1994)

A band that I'm not that familiar with Queensrÿche, is a progressive metal band. I remember hearing them in the past and not really caring for them but, my friend Jim insists that these guys are better than I think they are so as of today I've been taking him up on his offer. This album is the highest they've charted. It sounds like it's from the eighties but it's actually midway through nineties. I guess they kind of do sound similarly as one of my new favorite bands Savatage but, Promised Land is not anywhere near as good as much as I digged Edge of Thorns my first and only Savatage album. Promised Land is probably more mellow than I would've liked it to been as for this time I won't count them out until I hear Empire or Operation Mindcrime which were the two intended recommendations. I thought I would be getting heavy riffage and dynamite. Did I come into this album with overwhelming hype and anticipation? Perhaps I did what I try never to do whether it's the new releases from bands or old classic gems. It's never a good idea to think a band can hit a home run every time unless you're Metallica. I always try to set my expectation bar low even with concerts because I feel concerts and music usually benefit with the unexpected if that makes sense. This album was almost a miss in my opinion but hey, I got it for only two bucks used. Songs to check out "Damaged", "Bridge" and "I Am I".

1. "9:28 a.m." – 1:43
2. "I Am I" – 3:56
3. "Damaged" – 3:55
4. "Out of Mind" – 4:34
5. "Bridge" – 3:27
6. "Promised Land" – 8:25
7. "Dis Con Nec Ted" – 4:48
8. "Lady Jane" – 4:23
9. "My Global Mind" – 4:20
10. "One More Time" – 4:17
11. "Someone Else?" – 4:38

No comments:

Post a Comment