Saturday, August 7, 2010

Zox - The Wait (2005)

I'm not terribly familiar with Zox but they are a band that sounds alternative and ska. I thought the violin was an interesting mix to the sound. They're kind of like a very light 311 if anyone I figure since they also have reggae elements in the music. It's definitely a risk of me writing this review since it's borderline indie rock which is a no-no for me. A different kind of listen for me and I have to be in a specific mood to listen to something I don't really get a kick out of but intake the music. I know they have played at some of the big festivals I think it was Rock am Ring when I first saw or heard of them. They might have the record of youngest band to be reviewed on The Music Enthusiast. I looked into there biography and they only have three records out. There almost too bright for me to listen to, they must be a band that writes music just to get girls. I found some tracks by them I liked but, overall not too impressive. Songs to check out "Can't Look Down", "Fallen" and "Thirsty".


1. "The Wait" – 0:31
2. "Thirsty" – 2:37
3. "Carolyn" – 4:50
4. "Little More Time" – 4:06
5. "Anything But Fine" – 4:05
6. "Better If It's Worse" – 3:03
7. "Bridge Burning" – 5:44
8. "Big Fish" – 5:07
9. "Can't Look Down" – 3:32
10. "Satellite" – 3:37
11. "Fallen" – 5:14
12. "Spades" – 4:57
13. "I Am Only Waiting" – 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment