Monday, August 23, 2010

Airbourne - Runnin' Wild (2007)

The debuting album by Australian rockers Airbourne is fantastic especially if you're into AC/DC as there music seems to be highly inspired by them. I first heard of them on a videogame which was the titled track "Runnin' Wild" from the Madden Football game's soundtrack. I love the high energy they bring, I hope to see them in concert one day as I believe there playing on the Rockstar Energy Drink Uproar Festival. This is just rock n roll it's not original it's just pedal to the metal. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the greatest debut album since Van Halen which I thought was a horrific comparison when I read a review on them a couple years ago. These guys are just always looking for a good time and to me it's seems like hard rock has lost the party mentality which was largely incorporated in the eighties and seventies. People are more aware than ever but, these guys are the guys who probably wake up till two in the afternoon because of partying all night. They're one of the best new bands period. Songs to check out "Diamond in the Rough", "Runnin' Wild" and "Heartbreaker".

1."Stand Up For Rock 'N' Roll" - 4:01
2. "Runnin' Wild" - 3:38
3. "Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast" - 3:42
4. "Diamond in the Rough" - 2:54
5. "Fat City" - 3:26
6. "Blackjack" - 2:42
7. "What's Eatin' You" - 3:36
8. "Girls In Black" - 3:16
9. "Cheap Wine & Cheaper Women" - 3:10
10. "Heartbreaker" - 3:56
11. "Hellfire" - 2:19

No comments:

Post a Comment