Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Early Man - Closing In (2005)

The debut album of Early Man is a very good heavy metal album. They sound like The Sword and Evile mixed I believe. They have the thrash sound blended with classic heavy metal. They emerged in 2003 in Brooklyn, New York as a three piece band. I heard someone say vocalist Mike Conte's a mix of Geddy Lee and Ozzy. I definitely hear the Ozzyness in him as they kind of sound like Sabbath to begin with. They're definitely a throwback band. I'm surprised by the sound isn't as stellar as it could've been since I know Jack Endino produced this album. He's done everyone from Nirvana to Mudhoney to High on Fire. I'm down with the songs but, the production is horrible. I'm curious to check out some of there newer material as they just released a new album last month entitled Death Potion. They're out touring with Evile and Bonded By Blood but, I don't think there coming to northern California unfortunately. Songs to check out "Feeding Frenzy", "War Eagle" and "Four Walls".

1. Four Walls - 2:42
2. War Eagle - 3:14
3. Death Is the Answer - 5:35
4. Feeding Frenzy - 3:23
5. Thrill of the Kill - 4:35
6. Like a Goddamn Rat - 3:10
7. Fist Shaker - 3:43
8. Evil Is - 4:27
9. Brain Sick - 3:32
10. Contra - 3:53
11. Raped and Pillaged - 3:51

No comments:

Post a Comment