Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Post Mortem - Destined for Failure (1993)

I've never heard of Post Mortem before I made this pickup with Destined for Failure and this stuff is just cool and interesting. It kind of reminds me of the thrash version of Suicidal Tendencies and it has a experimental sound with it too. I can hear some jazz influence in it. They're labeled as death metal on the internet but, this isn't death metal. I was trying to research more about them but, there's very little about them that I can find because this Argentina band that has the same name as the Boston band I'm reviewing is getting in the way. I read that this was the final Post Mortem release which I don't think so because I can recall the same band releasing a album back in 2009 so I'm totally confused. All I can tell you it's on the weird side and twisted. Songs to check out "Loose Stool", "Father Knows Less" and "Last Day At The Arboretum".

1. Loose Stool - 2:01
2. Pickle Bucket - 3:16
3. I Like Pinball & Pool, I Work In An Arcade During The Summer - 2:39
4. Pigeon Boy Waiting - 4:45
5. Dazzle Me With Your Knowledge Of The Fine Arts - 4:15
6. The Skills - 6:00
7. Father Knows Less - 2:10
8. Winner's Circle - 4:35
9. Last Day At The Arboretum - 5:55

No comments:

Post a Comment