Monday, August 9, 2010

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple (1994)

One of my favorite albums from the nineties from first track to last this is a classic. It has the perfect mix of loud guitar and melody. Alike a lot of Stone Temple Pilots, I've been listening to them forever it seems and I could never get sick of them. My dad and I argue when comparing what was better Core or Purple and to my belief it is Purple because strictly the singles were better. "Sex Type Thing" is an amazing track from Core but, I'm pretty sure "Interstate Love Song" is the best song of the nineties and second most popular only behind Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit". The album itself debuted at #1 on the billboards and was hitting the airwaves and music television massively. I think it's one of there most diverse releases they've done and every song has great choruses too. This is true 90's arena rock here. Songs to check out "Silvergun Superman", "Big Empty" and "Meatplow".


1. "Meatplow" 3:37
2. "Vasoline" 2:56
3. "Lounge Fly" 5:18
4. "Interstate Love Song" 3:14
5. "Still Remains" 3:33
6. "Pretty Penny" 3:42
7. "Silvergun Superman" 5:16
8. "Big Empty" 4:54
9. "Unglued" 2:35
10. "Army Ants" 3:46
11. "Kitchenware & Candybars" 8:07

No comments:

Post a Comment