Saturday, August 14, 2010

Van Hagar - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (1991)

Besides Van Halen III this is probably my least favorite by them in my opinion. They seemed to drop the partying gimmick and leaned more into like the Bon Jovi status. It was there ninth record and Sammy's third with them at this point. I prefer David Lee Roth not because of his looks haha but, he just had it for being what the crowds wanted back then minus the band I hear are real dicks. For some reason it does remind me of 1984 for some reason. I think it's harder than the previous Hagar albums 5150 and OU812 but I wouldn't chose this one over the other two. You can also tell by the initials of the album's nickname it's pretty obvious. I'm glad they took a step back in the ballads I just hate ballads only some can truly move me. My friend Dan and I were discussing the new Black Label Society album that just came out and I told him I thought there were too many ballads. He was like does that make the album bad which he's always kind of moody with me but, I just told him I prefer the heavy material Zakk Wylde does which I just was trying to point out that four ballads was too much for a record. So yes, the only thing that this album had going for it was that they tried to get back to being harder. They did the best job I guess they could've because it still debuted at number one. Songs to check out "Right Now", "Poundcake" and I couldn't decide my third favorite it's either "Top of the World" or "Runaround".

1. "Poundcake" – 5:22
2. "Judgement Day" – 4:41
3. "Spanked" – 4:53
4. "Runaround" – 4:21
5. "Pleasure Dome" – 6:57
6. "In 'n' Out" – 6:05
7. "Man on a Mission" – 5:04
8. "The Dream Is Over" – 4:00
9. "Right Now" – 5:21
10. "316" – 1:29
11. "Top of the World" – 3:55

No comments:

Post a Comment