Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meat Puppets - Too High To Die (1994)

The eighth album by the Meat Puppets Too High to Die is probably my favorite sounding album by them. There production improved being on a major label, I think that there was definite improvement than Forbidden Places which was there first on London Records this being the second. You might be familiar with one of the songs other than obviously "Backwater" there most well known song until Nirvana covered "Lake of Fire" at the MTV Unplugged show later that same year. They even let the Meat Puppet's come in and play "Plateau" with them which is from Meat Puppet's II. That's there best album in my opinion. I like Meat Puppet's first couple of songs from this album especially since they bring out some good psychedelic rock tracks. I think as the album goes past the half way mark it get's on the verge of being a bit better than average but not perfect. I don't think it's better than Meat Puppet's II or Up on the Sun but, I think it's my third favorite album by them. Songs to check out "Backwater", "Violet Eyes" and "Flaming Heart".

1. "Violet Eyes" – 3:51
2. "Never to Be Found" – 4:46
3. "We Don't Exist" – 3:44
4. "Severed Goddess Hand" – 2:59
5. "Flaming Heart" – 4:49
6. "Shine" – 3:50
7. "Station" – 2:22
8. "Roof with a Hole" – 3:34
9. "Backwater" – 3:42
10. "Things" – 4:06
11. "Why?" – 4:20
12. "Evil Love" – 3:07
13. "Comin' Down" - 6:56
14. "Lake of Fire (hidden track)

No comments:

Post a Comment