Thursday, August 12, 2010

Prong - Rude Awakening (1996)

The sixth Prong album is where I kind of get confused. They sounded more industrial and electronic with Rude Awakening. They still have crunchy riffs but this one is odd for me compared to the earlier ones which I cherish. I always struggled to identify this record and maybe at this time the musical differences within the band were changing because I thought they sounded just fine with there alternative groove metal sounding vibe. If you're a fan of industrial you'll without a doubt think it's genius. This was there last studio record they would come out with till almost a decade later with Scorpio Rising in 2004 which I thought it was a lot better than the reviews I read about online. It's widely known that this album did not sell which led to the demise of them for a couple years with Tommy Victor playing in Danzig and Ted Parsons and Paul Raven played for Godflesh after Prong. I really wanted to see them live when they came by the bay area opening up for Fear Factory but, no one wanted to go. Hopefully they'll write another album and come back!! Songs to check out "Controller", "Rude Awakening" and "Close the Door".

1. "Controller" – 3:39
2. "Caprice" – 2:47
3. "Rude Awakening" – 4:18
4. "Unfortunately" – 3:08
5. "Face Value" – 4:09
6. "Avenue of the Finest" – 3:37
7. "Slicing" – 3:29
8. "Without Hope" – 3:13
9. "Mansruin" – 3:29
10. "Innocence Gone" – 3:11
11. "Dark Signs" – 3:22
12. "Close the Door" – 4:05
13. "Proud Division" – 5:46

No comments:

Post a Comment