Sunday, August 8, 2010

Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II (1991)

As much as I hate Axl Pose, if they combined the best songs from the first two Use Your Illusions this would've been possibly the biggest rock album ever. It would've been a cluster of rock hits that it's the same thing Metallica would later do with Load and Reload was that the quality of songs they produced were too good and massive to be just put on one. They probably both did the split for the money but, there's no denying who was on top unless you're a Metallica fan like me haha..Around the time of the recording former Guns n' Roses was drummer had been fired for abusing drugs (like all of them weren't)and hired Matt Sorrum from The Cult. I think a big reason why the albums did good on the charts and sold well was because there seems to be a lot of music videos they did if I'm right. I'm sure that's all they were showing on MTV with the epic story triology they tried to show via the music videos which I think was out of order because it went "November Rain" then "Don't Cry" and lastly "Estranged". I don't know if I prefer part one or two. I think I prefer part one because of the awesome music video "November Rain". That was like Michael Jackson's "Thriller" of hard rock music being that it was over freaking eight minutes. Songs to check out "Knockin' on Heaven's Door", "You Could be Mine" and "Estranged".

1. "Civil War" 7:43
2. "14 Years" 4:21
3. "Yesterdays" 3:16
4. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan cover) 5:36
5. "Get in the Ring" 5:41
6. "Shotgun Blues" 3:23
7. "Breakdown" 7:05
8. "Pretty Tied Up" 4:48
9. "Locomotive" 8:42
10. "So Fine" 4:06
11. "Estranged" 9:23
12. "You Could Be Mine" 5:44
13. "Don't Cry" 4:44
14. "My World" 1:24

No comments:

Post a Comment