Sunday, August 22, 2010

10,000 Maniacs - MTV Unplugged (1993)

I have fond memories of listening to this album when I was much younger. My dad had this on tape and it's about the furthest I can remember back when I was that young. Usually, you don't remember stuff from when you're five but, this is my first tracings of music in a way. This isn't hard or nearly rock. It's acoustic soft music that I feel I have a special connection with. Natalie Merchant's voice is uplifting in this release. I'm not familiar with there history but, I know when I hear something good and this is it. It is a stretch for my blog but, I think if you're open enough to look on youtube maybe you'll see what I'm saying. I think this proves my diversity as I tried all throughout school to not be labeled. This was Merchant's last appearance with 10,000 Maniacs so I guess that's why I never bothered to really care about post unplugged stuff by them. Even though it sounds folk I see something worthy in it being better than most folk because it definitely caught my attention going back and listening to the tracks is quite a trip in memory lane for me. Songs to check out "Eat for Two", "Don't Talk" and "Hey Jack Kerouac".


1. "These Are Days" – 4:22
2. "Eat for Two" – 4:12
3. "Candy Everybody Wants" – 3:19
4. "I'm Not the Man" – 3:46
5. "Don't Talk" – 5:22
6. "Hey Jack Kerouac" – 3:29
7. "What's the Matter Here?" – 4:50
8. "Gold Rush Brides" – 4:12
9. "Like the Weather" – 4:15
10. "Trouble Me" – 3:40
11. "Jezebel" – 4:20
12. "Because the Night" (Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen) – 3:44
13. "Stockton Gala Days" – 5:25
14. "Noah's Dove" – 5:07

No comments:

Post a Comment