Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction (1992)

Arguably Megadeth at there finest level, Countdown's eleven track masterpiece is the defining Deth album. Several songs still featured in setlists night after night and killer riff after riff. Once again I scored another classic in the used section at a record store in Mountain View. I have heard the songs a million times via my iPod and it's one of the best heavy metal albums of all time. It also features my favorite Megadeth lineup Mustaine-Ellefson-Friedman-Menza. Also it's the most commercially release to date. It's definitely there heavyiest sounding album. I think if you've never actually heard the material already from this album be sure to check out "Sweating Bullets", "Skin O' My Teeth" and "Ashes in your Mouth".

1. Skin O' My Teeth
2. Symphony Of Destruction
3. Architecture Of Aggression
4. Foreclosure Of A Dream
5. Sweating Bullets
6. This Was My Life
7. Countdown To Extinction
8. High Speed Dirt
9. Psychotron
10. Captive Honour
11. Ashes In Your Mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment