Sunday, June 27, 2010

Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains (1995)

I'll try not to be too bias as this is one of my favorite albums of all time. I don't care what anyone says about this release but, it's very underrated even though it debuted at #1. To me Alice in Chains self entitled never got the credit that it deserved. When I see them live I never hear people screaming for "God Am" like I would be hoping for and usually the crowd is wanting hits like "Man in the Box" and "Them Bones". This is as classic as Dirt and Facelift. I'm not sure if a lot of people know this but, this was pretty much suppose to be intended as a Jerry Cantrell solo record because the band at the time took a hiatus and Layne was struggling with heroin big time. Eventually everybody came back together and finished the record even though they knew Alice couldn't tour anymore and the longevity of the band seemed uneasy because of circumstances within the band. Songs to check out are "Again", "Heaven Beside You" and "Sludge Factory".

1. "Grind" 4:45
2. "Brush Away" 3:22
3. "Sludge Factory" 7:12
4. "Heaven Beside You" 5:27
5. "Head Creeps" 6:29
6. "Again" 4:05
7. "Shame in You" 5:35
8. "God Am" 4:08
9. "So Close" 2:45
10. "Nothin' Song" 5:40
11. "Frogs" 8:18
12. "Over Now" 7:03

No comments:

Post a Comment