Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jeff Buckley - Grace (1994)

I will be doing little reviews of what albums i'm checking out these days. I picked up an album recently at Borders on Santana Row since i'm on vacation in San Jose right now. I've been skimming for a record for a bit while i've been down on vacation that my buddy from the United Kingdom Shakil Tahsin recommended me. I had been going through problems with a fellow lady friend and I was telling him all about it. I kind of feel good talking about it like getting it out of my system has been extremely hard. The irony was that he had been blown away by now deceased Jeff Buckley, that it helped him in a similar way which was served as an antidote to myself. The album Grace by Jeff Buckley is not what I'd ever be caught listening to back in the 8th grade because let's face it I had the routine of blasting bands like Metallica and Megadeth as I got out of school everyday for nearly half of my life. The style of Buckley's was a drastic turn or a guilty pleasure.
It was one of the albums I must have even though I downloaded it and put it on my iPod. At 8.99 it was an instant pickup. I loved listening to it in the car as it's a completely different experience listening to it while you're on the road and introducing the material to friends. To me it's an album without fillers, for instance arguably the most beloved song from Grace is Leonard Cohen cover "Hallelujah" which is my least favorite song from the album. Songs to check out are "Last Goodbye", "Grace" and "Corpus Christi Carol".


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/Jeff_Buckley_grace.jpg
  1. "Mojo Pin" (Jeff Buckley/Gary Lucas) – 5:42
  2. "Grace" (Jeff Buckley/Gary Lucas) – 5:22
  3. "Last Goodbye" – 4:35[30]
  4. "Lilac Wine" (James Shelton) – 4:32
  5. "So Real" (Jeff Buckley/Michael Tighe) – 4:43
  6. "Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen, arr. Jeff Buckley) – 6:53
  7. "Lover, You Should've Come Over" – 6:43
  8. "Corpus Christi Carol" (Traditional/Benjamin Britten) – 2:56
  9. "Eternal Life" – 4:52
  10. "Dream Brother" (Jeff Buckley/Mick Grondahl/Matt Johnson) – 5:26



No comments:

Post a Comment