Friday, June 18, 2010

The Darkness - Permission to Land (2003)

I remember watching the music video for "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" and being like what the fuck is this? The Darkness is not your average hard rock band because they just are hitting criteria from different kind of rock genres like it could be mistaken for hair metal or something out of the eighties. Now being a fan and introducing them to friends, I begin with the you'll either love them or think there the most annoying band ever. I've heard a lot of both but, no one can really discredit the release Permission to Land. It went number one in the U.K. and sold extremely good around the world. It's a great album and I'm glad to of got it at a low price. My only problem with the record is that the album seems short if you listen to it through. I think listeners will be intrigued by the ridiculousness of some of the songs like "Get Your Hands Off My Woman" and "Black Shuck"
.File:TheDarkness-albums-PermissionToLand.jpg
  1. "Black Shuck" – 3:20
  2. "Get Your Hands Off My Woman" – 2:46
  3. "Growing on Me" – 3:29
  4. "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" – 3:36
  5. "Love Is Only a Feeling" – 4:19
  6. "Givin' Up" – 3:34
  7. "Stuck in a Rut" – 3:17
  8. "Friday Night" – 2:56
  9. "Love on the Rocks With No Ice" – 5:56
  10. "Holding My Own" – 4:56

No comments:

Post a Comment