Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jerry Cantrell - Boggy Depot (1998)

After the dismantle of Alice in Chains, Jerry Cantrell decided to do a solo album. When I bought this many years later in 2010 at a record store I was only familiar with the singles to be honest even though I'm a huge Alice in Chains fan. In 11th grade I even did Jerry Cantrell's "My Song" for my music project although I was on the verge of fainting in front of the whole class in what had to be the most embarrassing moment in my life. Anyways, I was intrigued when I heard there was material on the record that didn't make it on the self entitled Alice in Chains album that made it on the solo record. It could be referred to as the real follow up to the self entitled Alice in Chains because if you read the credits both Kinney and Inez are credited. Ultimately, I can't really complain about anything from the record as it's solid but not Alice in Chains good despite some are worthy on being on one such as "Dickeye", "My Song" and "Between".
1. "Dickeye" 5:07
2. "Cut You In" 3:23
3. "My Song" 4:07
4. "Settling Down" 6:12
5. "Breaks My Back" 7:07
6. "Jesus Hands" 5:37
7. "Devil by His Side" 4:50
8. "Keep the Light on" 4:49
9. "Satisfy" 3:35
10. "Hurt a Long Time" 5:41
11. "Between" 3:37
12. "Cold Piece" 8:29

No comments:

Post a Comment