Monday, June 28, 2010

Bush - Sixteen Stone (1994)

Ironically, I just heard Bush had just reunited a day ago or so. In memory of Bush, Sixteen Stone there first album was by far my favorite. The production and sound of the post-grunge I believed defined the nineties after Nirvana in my opinion. I think lead singer Gavin Rossdale sounds a lot like Kurt Cobain maybe a little better but, the band did come after Nirvana so people can say they were a ripoff. All that really matters is that they wrote this amazing album which had two #1 singles and there debut album entered at #4. Besides they recorded the material a lot cleaner than Nirvana. The thing I dislike about the album is not the music but the front cover, i'm not sure what the hell that thing is. I think the picture of the dog on the backside of the booklet would've been more suitable but, i've never been told or heard what's the deal with all the numbers and such. Songs to check out are "Everything Zen","Little Things" and "Comedown".

1. "Everything Zen" - 4:38
2. "Swim" - 4:56
3. "Bomb" - 3:23
4. "Little Things" - 4:24
5. "Comedown" - 5:27
6. "Body" - 5:43
7. "Machinehead" - 4:16
8. "Testosterone" - 4:20
9. "Monkey" - 4:01
10. "Glycerine" - 4:27
11. "Alien" - 6:34
12. "X-Girlfriend" - 0:45

No comments:

Post a Comment