Monday, June 21, 2010

Grotus - Mass (1996)

I first came across Grotus, as I heard in a Mike Patton interview when asked about it in 1992 who could be the next big thing in music. He responded with the San Francisco band Grotus. Knowing how intelligent Mike Patton is about music I decided to buy this album which I had dug out of the used section for a very low price and snatched it. I didn't know what to really expect but, the material is sub-par. I mean nothing catches my ears but it has a different feel to it. I'll probably have to listen to another album by them but Mass by Grotus is a so-so album with all experimental alternative rock stuff which could grow on me. Songs to check out are "Hand to Mouth", "A Bad Itch" and "Ebola Reston".

1. "That's Entertainment" - 2:32
2. "A Bad Itch" - 3:20
3. "White Trash Blues" - 3:56
4. "Ebola Reston" - 4:12
5. "Hand to Mouth" - 2:57
6. "T'Ain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do" - 4:04
7. "Sick" - 3:04
8. "Collect 'Em All" - 4:25
9. "Wild Bill" - 3:30
10. "The Bottom Line" - 3:31
11. "Back in the Day" - 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment