Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King (1987)

One of the bands I've gotten into really big this year despite them being rather old. This reminds of King Diamond or Accept sounding like but, with not as cool vocals even though the music is better. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the remastered version so it sounds like it's from eighties which I have been spoiled with all the reissues because now it's like I can't listen to Megadeth's originals releases without it being the remastered version because it sounds like crap compared to the 2004 version remasters. I really had no clue Savatage would evolve into the freaking Trans-Siberian Orchestra. After hearing "Prelude to Madness" may make some sense after all. This is nothing like my first exposure to the bands release of Edge of Thorns which had me eyes wide open. Supposedly this is there most popular release. Good album if you're really into new wave of british heavy metal even though there not british. Songs to check out "Hall of the Mountain King", "24 Hours Ago" and "Prelude to Madness".


1. "24 Hours Ago" – 4:56
2. "Beyond the Doors of the Dark" – 5:07
3. "Legions" – 4:57
4. "Strange Wings" – 3:45
5. "Prelude to Madness" – 3:13
6. "Hall of the Mountain King" – 5:55
7. "The Price You Pay" – 3:51
8. "White Witch" – 3:21
9. "Last Dawn" – 1:07
10. "Devastation" – 3:37

No comments:

Post a Comment