Saturday, October 2, 2010

Rush - Roll the Bones (1991)

This is the fourteenth album by the Canadian phenoms Rush. Roll the Bones is them returning to a familiar style as some of there eighties stuff is hard to identify with as I'm still getting into that era because it's not as easily enjoyable as something from Moving Pictures or Hemispheres which are just so classic. With this album, it has a dark sensation to it unlike most of the stuff that come to my head from other albums like the references to death I assume is the vocal point from what I got from it which I could be totally wrong. Rush always has cool instrumentals as "Where's My Thing"(first instrumental since "YYZ" in Moving Pictures) is a pretty good listen even though it's brand new to me but, a cool addition for me to discover another song I didn't know about. What the heck was up with that rap part in "Roll the Bones", I think that's a first and only time thing. As a band, this is proof of the growth and evolution of the band overtime. Songs to check out "Roll the Bones", "Ghost of a Chance" and "Dreamline".

1. "Dreamline" – 4:38
2. "Bravado" – 4:35
3. "Roll the Bones" – 5:30
4. "Face Up" – 3:54
5. "Where's My Thing? (Part IV, "Gangster of Boats" Trilogy)" – 3:49
6. "The Big Wheel" – 5:13
7. "Heresy" – 5:26
8. "Ghost of a Chance" – 5:19
9. "Neurotica" – 4:40
10. "You Bet Your Life" – 5:00

No comments:

Post a Comment