Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape (1997)

Sorry, I didn't do a post yesterday as I was attending Blackdiamondskye in San Jose. The Colour and the Shape is the Foo Fighters second record which I honestly am not familiar with anything from the self entitled album. Obviously this is there most popular as I know it sold millions and you still hear some songs on the radio. I was never or still am a big fan of Dave Grohl as a frontman but, he was an awesome drummer especially with Nirvana. The thing I could admire about Grohl is that he had all the money made from being in Nirvana and the Foo Fighters was his attempt to move on musically and probably mentally when he could have easily hung it up like former bandmate Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic. I bought the remastered version but, for some reason I didn't get the extra tracks. I hear there a good live band, I wouldn't be surprised because they do have some high energy songs like "Monkey Wrench". When it comes to nineties alternative rock you can't miss this despite if you like the band or not. Songs to check out "Monkey Wrench", "My Hero" and "Everlong".

1. "Doll" 1:23
2. "Monkey Wrench" 3:51
3. "Hey, Johnny Park!" 4:08
4. "My Poor Brain" 3:33
5. "Wind Up" 2:32
6. "Up in Arms" 2:15
7. "My Hero" 4:20
8. "See You" 2:26
9. "Enough Space" 2:37
10. "February Stars" 4:49
11. "Everlong" 4:10
12. "Walking After You" 5:03
13. "New Way Home" 5:40

No comments:

Post a Comment