Friday, October 8, 2010

Metallica - Live Shit: Binge & Purge (1993) Part 2 of 3

As of the second part of the review I will be discussing disc two. Yesterday, I went over part one of probably the best box set I own. I didn't get into sound production in the last post but, I think people would understand it's not as good as S&M which nothing tops that in live recordings either in my opinion. As far disc two goes, it's only six tracks but, being six tracks doesn't mean this is the slouch part of the set. They do "Seek and Destroy" for over 18 minutes and do one of my favorites performances of "Whiplash" I've ever heard as you've probably of seen the live music video of Whiplash while they were promoting the box set. They only do seven songs from the Black Album on the span of the discs which they played with there catalog. It was nice hearing "Through the Never" which mostly after that tour they stopped playing the song until the Death Magnetic tour I believe. Which two songs that has been left out of that tour and to this day remain to be seen which are two of my favorite songs from Black "Struggle Within" and "Don't Tread on Me". Metclubbers who win meet and greet, we need answers pronto!! Songs to check out "Whiplash", "Seek and Destroy(Jason Newsted Edition)" and "Fade to Black".

1. "Through the Never" 3:47
2. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" 5:48
3. "Fade to Black" 7:12
4. "Master of Puppets" 4:35
5. "Seek & Destroy" 18:08
6. "Whiplash" 5:34

No comments:

Post a Comment