Friday, August 27, 2010

Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill (1986)

This is one of the first CD's I ever got actually. I remember my dad got me this album when I was like eleven or twelve. I liked it on the first listen and I still listen to a lot of these songs to this day. I am white and I do like the Beastie Boys haha. Makes sense huh? No, I think most rap is focused on being gangster and that stuff doesn't appeal to me at all but, Beastie Boys have a light side to them. A lot of there songs from this album feature are somewhat rock like "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" which features Kerry King from Slayer on guitar whom was also was in the music video. He also did the solo on "Fight for Your Right" too. I looked it up and this album has sold over nine million which is impressive because i'm not too sure about the Beastie Boys fan base since Vanilla Ice was getting white boys like me a bad name LOL. No, i'm just kidding Vanilla Ice was nineties and made a mockery of himself later on. The guy still is a tool. Seriously Vanilla Ice, is that the whitest name you've ever heard. What was that guy thinking..Back to the Beastie Boys, this was the very first number one album in hip hop which is completely dominated in an opposite race. What irony. Suck on that racists. Songs to check out "Fight for Your Right", "The New Style" and "No Sleep Till Brooklyn".

1. "Rhymin & Stealin" – 4:08
2. "The New Style" – 4:36
3. "She's Crafty" – 3:35
4. "Posse in Effect" – 2:27
5. "Slow Ride" – 2:56
6. "Girls" – 2:14
7. "Fight for Your Right" – 3:28
8. "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" – 4:07
9. "Paul Revere" – 3:41
10. "Hold It Now, Hit It" – 3:26
11. "Brass Monkey" – 2:37
12. "Slow and Low" – 3:38
13. "Time to Get Ill" – 3:37

No comments:

Post a Comment